Sunday, September 02, 2007

Random thoughts for a Weekend

We came up to Mom & Dad's this weekend. It is so beautiful here. Cooler, but still awfully warm, though. A little bit of rain would make it much nicer here.

I am reconsidering my wardrobe, actually with a plan, rather than randomly buying what I like, a piece at a time. I may or not get much made, but I am absolutely looking at what I buy. I need, to round out some of what I have, get a top and skirt from the same fabric. That I may need to make. Also, I may need to make a "cardigan," but I may make it from sweatshirt fleece. That would comfortable... as long as I didn't use sweatshirt detailing.

2 comments:

Tim Sisk said...

i have the same issue with my wardrobe. it's very jeans and t-shirt heavy, which is fine for weekends and going out and stuff, but i'm a grad student now, and i think i should start dressing more professionally, especially when i teach class.

but then i think of dear old dr. rogers in his jeans and solid-color pocket t's and think if he can do it, then by god i....need to hit the department store sale racks.

button ups and slacks, anyone? (my, what has my life come to?)

thanks for your words of encouragement. grad school is by far the hardest thing i've ever done. here's to hoping i make it through!

Laura said...

What to wear is always an issue to me. This semester, so far, I have been dressing up a bit (skirts, but comfortable shoes. I just can't bring myself to wear uncomfortable shoes, just to teach.)

I have never really felt comfortable teaching in jeans, although sometimes I will on Fridays.

Sale racks are definately the way to go. I can find nice clothes at Dillards at 60-75% off if I hit at the right time (not that I spend a lot of time looking at the men's clothes, as my husband is of the "big and tall" variety, but you should be able to find good stuff). Also consignment shops can be good, but it is hard to find nice men's clothes there. Evidently most men just wear clothing until it falls off.