Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday

Happy about that. Nuff said.

Tomorrow Joanna, Jennifer, and I will be giving an inservice for the dual enrollment teachers. And anyone else who signed up. Three of the four high school teachers are coming, so we are happy about that. We are going to be talking about teaching philosophies and norming, because we need to make sure that everyone is grading the same way. Of course that is a problem because people value different things based on their philosophies and axiologies (see I learned a new word), but the goals for the department are essentially rhetorical. So we all have to recognize those rhetorical goals, even though we may be expressivists at heart (and I do have a little of that expressivism going on, especially in my 1310s.)

I need to read an article for next week. I am finding several articles on philosophical approaches to teaching writing, but the are old. And I am supposed to review new articles.

Not cool.

And now I need to go home. Otherwise, there is a possibility that I would be here always.

No comments: