Wednesday, January 02, 2013

January 2, 2013

Seems as though it is time to get started on the new year. Yesterday felt a bit like a holiday-- I didn't feel like I had to do anything. So I didn't really. I worked on painting a dresser for the guest room, did dishes, and made supper. I did try a new recipe. Well, I sort of tried a new recipe. I began with a new recipe, but then added some stuff and left out some stuff and it was super good.

Mea came over for supper, which always makes me happy. Then she dragged me to yoga, which makes me less happy. I need to just suck it up and pay for a month and go twice a week. If I go twice a week, I feel like I'll eventually quit being so sore. Last night, though, there was a lot of downward dog. So my shoulders are kind of dying.

Today, I have plans. I plan to write for 20 minutes (which I am doing right now). I plan to work on my lesson plans. I plan to finish the dresser in my guest room with polyurethane and move it into place.  I should work on my dissertation, but my head hurts, so it may not happen. I plan to make something awesome for supper (maybe taco soup-- I have leftover beans and diced tomatoes). Miss O had planned to have company over today, but then she threw up, so my day just got easier.

I've been avoiding news just because I find the world depressing. I mostly rely on what my friends filter out for me and post on Facebook. That usually seems to work pretty well. Today, however, not so much. My former professor, who lives in Memphis, had his house broken into. In St. Louis, two babies (ages 1 and 3) were locked outside and found by a newspaper carrier. (He called 911; they were taken to a hospital & DHS was called.) I might go back to avoiding news completely. Of course, my husband is watching a show about the Gallic wars, and that is not any less depressing.


1 comment:

bill said...

Raising a family puts a crimp in a number of things. Especially on a lady. She not only works all day but then comes home to more work. Sometime she's lucky enough to have her man help with chores but even so she carries the heavy load. My son and daughter in law are teachers. From experience and watching others I have some idea how it goes. My hat is offc to you. Cheers.