Monday, August 13, 2007

Stardust and Alice Cooper

Re: previous post. The house appraised for enough that we did not have to have mortgage insurance, but not enough that we can buy the pretty new one. On the bright side, our payment is low.

I still have an incomplete.

But I had a fabulous weekend. My husband and I took the kids to see _Stardust_ on Friday. Some details were changed, but I was pleased with the result. Even though my youngest is only five, she really liked it too. She hid her eyes a couple of times, but that is all.

On Sunday night, we went to see Alice Cooper. This time my brother and I took the big kids. We saw Crooked X, Black Stone Cherry, and, of course, Alice Cooper. It is funny, but of all the shows that we've taken the kids to see, the cleanest are Eric Bibb, Eddie Money, and Alice Cooper. And this was Alice doing a *show*. He killed a "man" as the show started, drove a stake through a baby doll, slapped a ballerina (during "Only Women Bleed"), sang "Cold Ethel" to a mannequin, was encased in a straight jacket and hung on a gallows. But not once did he, or any other the other other bands utter the f-word. Amazing.

No comments: