Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another House Update

We are making a full-out press to get the house ready for the appraiser tomorrow. I think we have every surface painted, which is the biggest thing. Everything has to be "finished" and I think we have managed to coat every surface with paint and to fill every hole. Todd wants to paint the living room next week. I am ambivalent about that. On the one hand, the house will be in order tomorrow, and I hate to take it apart again. On the other hand, my life will only get busier after next week.

I had coffee today with Becky. Really, it was more of a mad dash through Target while we drank our coffee. I found some cool toys on sale, that I put up for W's Christmas, along with a few assorted birthday gifts to put away.

Last weekend, we had our annual alumni meeting. We had several people come, which is unusual. (Last year, we had the exec committee, and not even all of it). We voted to join with the university alumni association as a chapter, so it is all over but the shouting. We did see that the improved communication is valuable, so we are going to continue that. Willie has worked so hard this year, it was great to see that pay off.

I am working on a sociolinguistics paper, that is really fun. I have done an analysis of Warner Brother's "Hillbilly Hare" that has really changed the way I see the cartoon. It is still funny. But is not funny in an innocent way anymore. It is funny is a really offensive way, like Dave Chappell.

No comments: