Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break

I love hearing my colleagues tell me that they are going to have relaxing spring breaks. For me, spring break is kind of like half-time. There is a break, so I actually *look* at my house.

Then I make a list.

Today, so far, Mea and I replaced one of a pair of really awful track lights. We'll probably get the other one before the day is over. Last night, I took the burners out of my stove and scrubbed that nastiness underneath (which I should have done when I moved in, but avoided until now).

Other items on my to do list:
  • Put new flooring down in the master bath before installing a new vanity and faucet (the old faucet leaks, and the old sink is stained and ugly).
  • Replace the light fixture in the master bath
  • Take out the shower doors in the master bath. They are outdated, stained, hard to use and hard to clean. I am totally replacing them with a bleachable curtain.
  • Paint Miss O's bedroom. Really, green and dark green with a huge border, with chunks missing. Really, really terrible.


I think this is a reasonable list, mostly. Painting is really the one thing that might not get done, because I'll have to clear out her room, then prime, then paint. That will be a two-day job.

And Mea is talking wistfully about a day-trip to Silver Dollar City.

Update: We finished the other light. No more 80s track lights.

1 comment:

Monda said...

Ah, those track lights. Everyone had them - just like they had forest green wallpaper with ducks on it, which eventually gave way to "country blue" and geese. Those track lights, though, are so telling. It makes me think of enormous bad perms and Mexican Chicken Casseroles.

Cleaning ot the burners is hard-core. It's a good sign you should probably go to Silver Dollar City.