Saturday, June 24, 2006

Painting and Movies

With the construction finally being finished in my bathroom, I had to paint. And paint and paint. My bathroom walls and ceiling are now painted. I still have to paint the wall in my bedroom and paint the repaired drywall in the living room.

Then I get to do it all over again when we move.

We watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) with the kids tonight. I am not sure what I love about the movie, but I do. It is not just that it has Paul Newman and Robert Redford, although that would be enough. Maybe because they are doomed. They are trapped by their choices.

Now we are watching Cool Hand Luke (1967). It amazes me that I have lived this long without seeing this movie. Although right now I am watching Paul Newman eat those eggs and really could have waited a few years longer before seeing that. But overall, this is really good. The script is good. I like the way this film looks.

No comments: