Friday, June 23, 2006

House Update

We went to the bank today to talk to the loan officer about the house. We're approved, for both loans. So we should be able to get some of the house in Conway repaired before we have to live there. The first things that have to be done are the piers corrected under the house and the floors sanded (well, after the carpet comes out). We got a book from the library that illustrates how piers were made in Arts and Crafts houses.

The roof joists need to be repaired as well. Todd and Dad think they have figured out a way to do that effectively, but it means the room that is there will have to be torn out. So Meleah will not get "her" room for a while, but will have to stay in the Winnie the Pooh room.

I have recently discovered Neil Gaiman's comics. And Frank Miller's. I have been reading Gaiman since Good Omens, which I borrowed from Mike Shepard when I lived in Honors House. Ironically, the book actually belonged to Leonard. Mike had borrowed it from him and loaned it to me, then I took it home and loaned it to Craig. Small world.

Speaking of Leonard, his parents stopped by on their way to visit their family in Conway. I so much enjoy my visits with them. Nell and Dale always have such interesting stories.

No comments: