Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Un-hearing

My office, which is actually a lovely little windowless office, is situated next to the men's room. We have a common wall. Fortunately, though, I can't see who walks in or out from my office. This is a blessing...

Because I can hear the men use the toilets. Yes, I hear the flushing, and that is bad. But it is not the worst.

So I bought a CD player, and I try to balance the volume with not disturbing the people on my hall. But regardless, I cannot continue with the bathroom noise. And once it is heard, it seems to be impossible to un-hear.

But I really really want to un-hear it.

2 comments:

Monda said...

Tell me about it. Just when I finally stop noticing the noise, someone comes in my office and notices it for me. Then it's too late.

Although, I DO have the heating unit behind the other wall that sometimes competes.

I've been trying a little Jimi Hendrix lately...what works over there?

Laura said...

I thought of you as I was writing. :)

I can see where Jimi would be effective. I have been relying heavily on 80s pop. Lots of syth & drums.