Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Not fitting

My dress, that is... Part of the problem, I understand, is that I have bigger hips that anyone ever ought to have. I generally keep them well hidden with loose wrap tops or tunics, but this dress I am making is forcing me to deal with them. Part of the problem is a design issue, I think. The bodice is really loose, so I probably made a size too small for me. Which means the skirt is too tight. I do not have enough fabric to remake the skirt. So I keep regathering the skirt to make it fall over my hips. It may be a lost cause.

Nicktoons has started re-running old Rugrats, which makes me insanely happy. While they may not be as educational as Little Einsteins or Wonder Pets or whatever, I find them vastly entertaining. And Miss O is just as entertained. (Okay, I recognize the vast superiority of Sesame Street & Electric Company. However, Miss O does not like Sesame Street and I cannot find the Electric Company on cable). Of course, Tommy's adventure today would in actuality kill a child, it is still kind of funny. And the first half, when Tommy was convinced his dad was a robot was really funny.

1 comment:

Tim Sisk said...

i love the rugrats! my favorites are phil and lil. they're so darned cute. happy new year!