Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday

Today was a crazy day of meetings. I met with the thesis faculty to talk about publication options, because some of our students are really doing great work. They have been publishing some of them in an online articles forum (the bbs system), but they have been behind password protection. We are looking at ways to publish those (only with permission, of course).

I got nearly all the 12 pm papers graded. I think I lack three. Then I need to grade my 8am. Lest this turn into a giant to-do list, I think I will stop that now.

I have been reading WPA-L, the list-serv that is focused on issues of Writing Program Administrators (which I am NOT). Anyway, there has been a recent discussion about grading. A few links have been posted. One is Doug Hesse's "13 Ways of Looking at
Responding to Student Writing
." Another is from Richard Haswell.

No comments: