Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Today

Todd is watching a dog show, which inspires me to blog. Heaven knows I don't want to watch the dog show.

Today, we wrote in class. It was nasty wet outside, so I decided it would be a good writing day. So we wrote (I only wrote in one class...) about a place that was important to us.

It never ceases to amaze me that students will come up and THANK me for giving writing days. Of course, there are a few who treat it as punishment...

A student came in today with a jacket and tie on. I commented on it, even though it didn't fit all that well, it was "dressed up" for first year comp. Turns out, that was a Clark Kent costume and he had a Superman suit underneath. I've never had a student come to class as superman before.

Becky cleaned out her closet and brought us a huge garbage bag full of clothes. Part of me feels bad for taking them. I really don't want to be her charity case. But part of me just can't turn them down... She had *nice* clothes.

I lost my bookmarks when I upgraded to Firefox 2.0 on the living room computer. I am so vexed. I had found Todd a bunch of Social Studies teaching links and now they are just gone.

No comments: