Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Presentation

My presentation tonight went well, except I spent too much time talking about Amodio, and did not apply his work to my project. Dr. Whithaus was telling me ways to approach integrating Amodio, but Beth and (I think) Andrea suggested that I drop him, for the most part, other than just mentioning that his research supports the idea that primary orality can survive in a literate society.

Overall, I think it went well. (Well, except when the computer hung up on me, in the midst of Dr. Whithaus's comments). I didn't realize that it was supposed to be an outline, rather than a summary of findings. Or maybe it just turned out that mine was more that way since I have been working on it so much. The last revision made it more of a whole.

There is a horrible delay from the video conferencing system. I move, then I see my self move. Like I take a drink and set down my cup, then I see myself move. That is odd. It makes it REALLY hard to participate.

The best part is, we got done in time for me to take the kids trick or treating. We went to Craig's, but no one was home. Craig was probably at work. But, still. Then we went to NaDean & Joe's, then the kids just went around to our nearest neighbors. The had fun, and had PLENTY of sugar, so all is good.

I need to grade some papers, so I'm off.

No comments: