Monday, May 22, 2006

Today I am trying to register for my class this fall. New university. New registration system. I evidently ticked the wrong box on my application, so the system thinks I live in state. Crazy computer.

I am dithering about how much prep work to do for the summer class I am scheduled to teach. Only two people have signed up for it so far, so I am reluctant to do a lot of prep work when I don't know if the class will make. And I can't just apply whatever I do to next fall because I using a different book.

I have now been trying to register for over three hours. I think it is time to give it up as a lost cause for today. That was actually my only goal for today, and I failed to complete it.

I talked to the powers-that-be upstairs and found that unless enrollment picks up significantly, my class will not make. I was counting on that because Todd's school messed with his contract so he won't actually get an August check. This sudden lack of income promises to make summer budgeting more difficult than I had supposed.

No comments: