Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coming down to the wire

Presentation done. Research paper to go. I really want to get it done before the break.

And guess what it is about? Come on, what debate to I live my life in the middle of? That college composition belongs in college.

And it does. High school is high school. It cannot, regardless of the quality of the class, be college. It just can't.

And it certainly can't if it is also an AP class.

Sorry that this is just a drive-by posting. I keep promising myself that I will actually have time to sit down and write something-- anything other than scholarship.

1 comment:

Monda said...

Ah, AP Composition. Nothing like teaching unapologetically to the test every single day.

It's even worse if it's a regular high school lit class, though, and I completely agree with you. College composition belongs in college.