Monday, August 04, 2008

So, Facebook has a purpose

So, I discovered some of my old college friends on Facebook. Who knew? I paged through a huge list of people who graduated from SMSU the year I should have, and I knew a few of them. So I have happily spent the day in the past, remembering.

That is the good news. The bad news is that a truck ran into an electrical pole a few streets over on Saturday, and evidently sent an electrical surge to my poor computer. I had to get the power supply replaced in my desktop (the computer with hard drive space-- my laptop is full, full, full). And I had to replace my battery backup surge protector. This time I bought APC. So I hook everything back up with the new surge protector.

Then I tried to turn it on. An hour of gnashing of teeth later, I pulled out the video card, and lo and behold, it worked. I'll have to replace that at some point. But not today.

1 comment:

Monda said...

I've tried to find Facebook useful, I really have. So far all I get are scads of "Hey, Mrs. Fason!" posts on my wall. It's an effective (and FAST) way to contact students, though.

Oh, Dear and Bless Your Heart on that computer fiasco. This is why I have typewriters. They aren't really internet-friendly, though.

Maybe that HP thing will magically land a new laptop on everyone's desk soon. Just like something out of Bewitched.

Sure.