Saturday, February 09, 2008

Lots of family time

Everyone was over at one point or another today, since it was W's birthday. The house, of course, is a wreck, but at least the seating areas were cleaned off by the time everyone got here. Dad helped Todd cut a tree and put up cement board in the bathroom. We still need to replace the window with glass block, but that will be a pain, so I am avoiding it. After the window, we (read I) will have to tile the surround. I am avoiding that, too.

Todd is changing sheets, because he told me two days ago that he would. He didn't actually mean it, as it turns out, but I'm holding him to it (I hate changing sheets-- cleaning the bathroom I don't mind so much). So he is fussing at me to find stuff and is making snorting noises as he works so I will fully understand how vexed he is.

Now that the bed is made, I am going to get it in. Today has been a long day.

2 comments:

Tim Sisk said...

I'd much rather change sheets than clean the bathroom. My bathtub has a very nice yellow ring around it. I just look the other way when I step in. My top three least favorite chores:

1. Bathroom Cleaning
2. Washing dishes
3. Laundry

I also hate to shave and vacuum. But I really don't mind changing sheets. :-)

Laura said...

You know, I would mind changing sheets less if I would throw out all the full sized sheets. The full sized bed could easily just use the queen sized sheets and my life would be simplified. But as it is, they are all kind of jumbled together. And heaven knows that I can't throw out good sheets. And so it is frustrating.

And I whine a lot.