Monday, April 30, 2007

New Post

Paper done. Semester over. Praise to any higher power who would like praise.

Now on to the continuing fun of home renovation. The appraiser will be coming in June to decide how much our house is worth. Right now, with everything else I have been doing, I would guess $.32. Seriously. (Because, oh, by the way, the bottom fell out of the real estate market here). Our best hope is that our lot is worth almost as much as we paid for the house.

We have to finish painting the kitchen. We have to clean the kitchen. And the dining room. And the bedrooms. And paint everything. We have a mixture of nasty 1970's fake wood paneling and high gloss white paint everywhere I have not already painted. So that has to be done. And we have to gut the bathroom and replace everything in there.

Now all I have to do is grade all the revisions that I let students do because I am a gigantic, all-day sucker.

No comments: