Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sick

Or rather, I am sick. I have an upper respiratory infection. The only question, really, at this point is whether it is viral (in which case I simply have to get better or die) or bacterial (in which case I have to go see a doctor). The problem I keep having that complicates things is *asthma* (which means every time any little thing goes wrong, my lungs close in to, I suppose, keep out germs-- after the fact).

To make matters more fun, Todd and Olivia are also sick. Olivia has not been to school this week because she has been running a fever. Todd tried to go yesterday, but his principal sent him home, assuring him that she could find a sub.

I have some work to do on the Disneyworld website. It is shaping up to look pretty good, if I do say so myself.

This morning, during my 8 o'clock class, I was convinced that it was Friday, which it was not.

And now, Gerald McBoingBoing is on Boomerang when it is supposed to be Looney Toons. So I am cheating and watching Friends. Walker is playing a new video game, so he won't notice and Meleah is out with Todd buying me a vaporizer because I sound so pathetic. But a herpes medication ad just came on so I am not sure how long it will last...

And to make matters worse, today is Ash Wednesday and I was actually planning to go to church tonight. But at this point, I don't know that anyone wants to be in a room with me. One of my poor students sat beside me in large group today, but he assured me that he was also contagious, so I shouldn't worry about it...

No comments: