Thursday, November 16, 2006

If I had a dollar...

If I had a dollar for every book/article I've read on organization, I'd be wealthy enough to *hire* someone to organize my home.

Yet, some how, I am inexorably drawn to these pieces. I seem to really unable to avoid the self-flagellation of reading about some who always has socks in the morning for her children. (Don't get me wrong, I always *eventually* find socks for the kids. And if they are white, and underneath their pants, they don't have to have exactly the same kind of cuff, right?)

Why is the image of neatly folded clothing neatly placed in drawers the image of perfect motherhood? Isn't it more important that I take my kids to listen to the visiting author series at my workplace? I make them think, but the house that we live in is definitely not company ready.

No comments: